Swim Alberta is seeking an individual with a demonstratedhistory of supporting the development of coaches and athletes in the Learn toTrain and Train to Train Athlete Pathway to join us in the role of SportDevelopment Director.
The ideal candidate will bring the followingexperiences and skills to the role:
· Strongunderstanding of the Club System in Canada and the Canadian Sport System.
· NCCPLevel 3 or equivalent; NCCP Master Coach Developer certification would beconsidered a desirable asset.
· Fullunderstanding of the current NCCP Swimming course content, certification andprofessional development requirements.
· Developedskills in mentoring, leadership, strategic planning, influencing with impact,collaboration, project and program development and implementation skills.
· Strongability to communicate both in writing and verbally, present concepts and ideasin front of a group and have an interposal communication style to influence,and develop mutually beneficial relationships and outcomes.
The Sport Development Director will be directlyresponsible for:
1. Oversightof the National Coach Certification Program (NCCP) to ensure provincial andregional needs are met and both coaches acquiring certification and LearningFacilitators are supported in their development.
2. Development,Planning and Implementation of Coach Development Initiatives including the SwimAlberta Future Coaches Program; Swim Alberta Conference; providing ongoingmentorship to coaches working directly with our Learn to Train; Train to Trainand Train to Compete Athletes.
3. Oversightof Athlete Technical Programs, specifically the Discover and Emerge programs ofSwim Alberta that provides programming to select Learn to Train and Train toTrain Athletes along the Athlete Pathway.
4. Supportingclub boards and head coaches in establishing effective working relationships toensure roles are fully understood to enable our athletes to thrive in a bclub system.
5. Provideleadership to Western Canada and Canada Summer Games initiatives.
Swim Alberta is the governing body for competitiveswimming in the province of Alberta. Weembrace employees who value excellence, integrity, innovation and collaborationand who believe bly in our mission to “Govern, Lead and SupportCompetitive Swimming” to reach our vision of “Every Swimmer has the opportunityto reach their full potential”. The organization supports 50-year round swimclubs, 55 Summer Swimming Clubs, 15 Masters Clubs, 9000 swimmers, 4500 +officials and 650 coaches
Competitive salary and benefits package will be commensuratewith qualifications and experience. Swim Alberta is located in Edmonton andthis position will be based out of the Swim Alberta office. A detailed positiondescription is available upon request.
Deadline for applications is Wednesday May 24th,2017. To apply, please submit a coverletter, resume and three work related references to:
Executive Director, SwimAlberta
Swim Alberta reserves the right to exercise duediligence and call upon additional references to supplement those provided bythe applicant. While we thank allapplicants for their interest only those selected for an interview will becontacted, beyond receiving acknowledgement of receipt of yourapplication.