Nose Creek Swim Association (NCSA) is a non-profit swim club with 300+ members operating out of NW Calgary and Airdrie. We are seeking an experienced, detail-oriented and self-motivated bookkeeper.
Role and Responsibilities:
· Develop and maintains sound financial practices and controls
- Ensure accurate recording of financial transactions
- Prepare monthly Financial Statements for Board of Director meetings
- Day to day banking and monthly reconciliation of bank accounts to bank statements
· Accounts payable and expense reimbursement
- Process payroll, including CRA remittances, T4s and other tax-related documents
- Maintain member and Club financial transactions and records within Team Unify
- Prepare year-end statements for AGM
· Work with various financial institutions to streamline and automate processes, while maintaining financial integrity & auditability, includes:
o Reducing cheque processing/deposits by automating members ability to pay online, by credit card or other like payment methods
o Automating vendor and contractor payment
- Maintain historical records by properly filing documents and ensure accounting procedures are compliant with legislation
- Complete other financial-based analysis as requested by the Treasurer to support operational needs
- Make recommendation for changes and advise management of required actions
Qualifications and Skills:
· Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping related activities including payroll administration
· Formal education in bookkeeping and/or accounting is desirable or equivalent experience
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Google Suite and QuickBooks accounting software
- Team Unify experience an asset
- Experience with Non-Profit Sports Groups is preferred, but not required
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Ability to conduct accounting duties with limited guidance, must be well organized and able to separate multiple business entities
- Strong attention to detail and excellent time-management skills
This is a part-time contract position working 20-25 hrs/week. Hourly rate will be between $20-$25/hr depending on experience.
We offer a friendly and enjoyable work environment with flexibility to work around your schedule.
If you are interested, please apply with your resume and a cover letter to HR@ncsaswim.ca. When applying, please specify when you are available to start and why you think you would be a fit for our Club.
Only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.
Application deadline is Dec 15th, 2017.